Functional Safety - Training, Consulting, Assessment and Certification
Who is the best partner to help you comply with functional safety standards like ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 effectively and efficiently?
Explosive growth in the use electrical & electronic (EE) control systems has drawn attention to the question of how to ensure their safety.
In November 2011, ISO 26262, the automotive functional safety standard for EE systems installed in a vehicle was officially published. This standard requires prompt action by Japan’s globally active automotive industry. SGS Japan, with SGS-TUV Saar (SGS group’s accredited functional safety body and German ISO committee member of the ISO 26262 working group) provides training, consulting, assessment and certification services to comply with functional safety standards like ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 in order to increase the international competitiveness of Japanese makers.
SGS is creating “the market view” for ISO 26262
Our Functional Safety Group experts have worked in functional safety engineering in the automotive industry. Our team is working with major Japanese OEMs and suppliers on ISO 26262 compliance activities and creating “the market view” not only about process-related issues but also technical methodologies, like safety mechanisms. With hands-on experience of the technical implementation of ISO 26262 in mass-production projects we are ideally placed to deliver practical advice. As the market leader for ISO 26262 in Japan our services are unrivaled.
- Training/Personal Qualification: We provide public and in-house training to functional safety experts, quality assurance experts, developers and legal experts. Our Automotive Functional Safety Expert (AFSE) training can provide training in Japanese.
- AFSE Qualification (upper level qualification): A minimum of five years experience in functional safety in automotive industry is required.
- AFSP (Automotive Functional Safety Professional) Qualification: No experience in functional safety is required, but five days training must be taken and an exam must be passed.
- Functional Safety Management
- Deployment of ISO 26262 development process
- Create a safety case
- Work as a Safety Manager inside a company
- Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessment
- Safety Analysis (FMEA, FTA, Markov analysis)
- Software development process
- Co-ordination with A-SPICE
- Tool implementation support
- Tool qualification
- ASIL decomposition judgment, etc
- Assessment / Certification: Evaluating (and reporting on) concepts, systems, products and processes and issuing assessment/audit reports, certificates and test marks, as required
- Assessment / Certificate of Japanese work products by Japanese assessors can be arranged. Simultaneous assessment with A-SPICE is possible and can reduce cost.
Contact SGS today to find out more about our functional safety services.